Thursday 23 January 2014

What a week! + Foodie Friday - VEGAN COCO-NUTTY GRANOLA

Happy Friday everyone! This week has gone so quick and has been both extremely busy and exciting! I have been interested in studying in the Natural Health field for a couple of years now and have been researching, reading and figuring out which course and what school would best suit me and that will help me achieve my dream. 

Last weekend I visited an Open Day at Endeavour College of Natural Health in Brisbane with my close friend Demi (happylittleveganmite). We had both been wanting to apply for this college for some time as the school offers a variety of natural health courses which seem to appeal to me! 
After visiting the open day I just knew Endeavour was the perfect place for me, the lecturers, the classrooms, the lessons, everything! just seemed right. I met with Cathy, the enrolment advisor today to talk about an enrolling into A Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine). She guided me through timetables, booklists, VET FEE Help and everything to suit my learning needs at Endeavour.  Hopefully by this time in 3 weeks I will be walking through the doors of Endeavour, and starting my journey as a Nutritional medicine practitioner. This is my passion and I cannot wait to start to learn everything to regarding health and food! 

Other then that I have had so much fun this week, on Tuesday night I went to an amazing dinner party at Demi's and met some amazing girls who all share a passion for animals, health and wellbeing. On Wednesday I went to the first Jan Powers Farmers Markets in the city and visited all the stalls I had been missing over the Christmas break. And on Friday I ventured out to Maleny with Demi and my family, where we had an amazing lunch at The Kind Living Cafe. And on the way home we stopped off at an amazing fruit & veg shop on the side of the road.

SO.. so far its been an amazing week filled with fun, friendship and future opportunities! 

I decided to start a Foodie Friday where I will share with you a yummy recipe from either myself or someone else! This week I have shared my favourite muesli in the whole world! I have adjusted the recipe from other mueslis to suit my taste buds and has been an awesome hit with my friends and family. 

Feel free to change or adjust the ingredients to suit what YOU like. I don't measure the ingredients so this is just an estimate, be creative and enjoy :)


MADDYS YUMMY COCO-NUTTY GRANOLA  


Ingredients:
  • 2-3 cups Gluten Free Oats 
  • 2-3 cups Chopped mixed nuts such as almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts (whatever you like) 
  • 1 cup Pepitas/pumpkin seeds 
  • 1 cup coconut flakes 
  • 1-2 tbsp coconut nectar
  • 1/4 cup Coconut oil 
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla bean/ extract


Method:
1.  Heat oven to 180 degrees.
2.  On a baking tray or bowl mix all ingredients together until well combined. Bake in oven until lightly brown, you may want to flip over muesli halfway in-between baking to cook through each side.
3.  Once cooked let cool for 20 mins until transferring into a container.
4.  Serve with yummy coconut yogurt sheeps yogurt or your choice of milk with berries, banana, papaya and any fruit you like!






No comments:

Post a Comment